Last updated: May 13, 2021
This Policy describes what information of yours will be collected by the Company when you access or use the Service and why, how the information will be used and disclosed, and how you can control the collection, correction and/or deletion of information.
The Policy applies to all users, visitors and others who access or use the Service (“you” or “your“). Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with this Policy. By accessing or using the Service you consent to the collection and use of your information in accordance with this Policy. If you disagree with any part of the Policy, then you may not access or use the Service.
This Policy may be modified or superseded by other agreements you have entered into with Marani, including consent provided for a clinical study, or by other privacy notices we may provide from time to time.
2. Information we collect
While using the Service, we may collect certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. This information may include as follows:
- User’s Data. We collect the data about the user which are necessary for the operation as follows:
- Account creation information. We collect information such as your name, e-mail address, phone number, user name and password, user photo, domain details and/or similar account details in order to create or update your Service account. If you decide to log in with your social network profile, we will collect the data from this profile;
- Service usage information. We collect information on how you are accessing and using the Service, including used third party services and links you interact with;
- Log data. When you access or use the Service, we may automatically record certain information from your device. This log data may include information such as your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited just before or just after using the Service, your browser type and settings, browser version, the date and time of your use of the Service, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences and other such information;
- Device information. We may collect information about the device you are using the Service on as well as about the devices connected with the Service you are using, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. We collect some or all of this information depending on the type of device you are using and its settings;
- Geo-location information. Precise location information from devices may be collected in accordance with the consent process provided by your device. Wi-Fi and IP addresses received from your browser or device may be used to determine approximate location;
For more details, please see below the section “Cookies and tracking technologies”;
- Patient’s Data. We collect the data about the patient examined by Marani Health inc. medical devices or medical devices by other manufacturers which are compatible with Marani Health inc. services. The user and the patient can be the same person, but this is not strictly necessary. These data are necessary for the operation, and are as follows:
- Name. To be displayed on the medical report;
- Age. Some medical parameters are age-dependent, and the knowledge of the age may be necessary for the proper diagnosis;
- Sex. Some medical parameters differ among sexes, and the knowledge of the sex may be necessary for proper diagnosis;
- Third party services. If you use third party services which integrate with our Service, the provider of a third party service may share certain information with us. You should check the privacy settings in these third party services to understand the information sent to us through these services;
- Information from other sources. We may obtain information related to our business from third parties and sources other than the Service, such as our Affiliates, partners, advertisers or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This information may be combined with the Other Information we collect. If we combine or associate information from other sources with the Other Information that we collect through the Service, we will treat the combined information as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
3. How and why we collect information
You may provide us with the Data and the Other Information (collectively “Information“) in various ways on the Service, e.g. when you register for an account, use the Service, post the Data, interact with the Users through the Service or send us customer service-related requests.
The collecting and processing of the Information is necessary for the specific purposes further described below and it is based on your explicit consent.
You do not have a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Information to us. However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Service.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the collection and processing of the Information in accordance with this Policy at any time. However, the withdrawal of your consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
4. Cookies and tracking technologies
We use various technologies to collect the Other Information, such as cookies. Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive or in device memory.
You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all aspects of the Service.
We use automatically collected information and other information collected on the Service through cookies and similar technologies to: (i) administer the Service; (ii) to improve and customize the Service and your experience; (iii) personalize the Service, such as remembering your information to allow you to access and use the Service without re-entering your account credentials; (iv) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (v) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Service; (vi) monitor aggregate Service usage such as total number of Customers and Users; and (vii) track your entries, submissions, and status in any activities on the Service.
5. How we use information
We use the user data for the following purposes:
- to create or update an account and enable you to access and use the Service;
- to allow you to connect to the Service and provide the possibility for password reset on your request;
- to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service;
- to prevent or address the Service errors, security or technical issues;
- to respond to your comments, questions and requests and to provide you Service support;
- to inform you about the Service and changes in our Service, to send you important Service-related notices such as security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- to customize the Service experience and to develop and provide additional Service features;
- to address important Service related notices, intellectual property infringement and right of privacy violations;
- for invoicing, account management and similar reasons, as well as to keep track of billing and payment;
- to analyze usage, trends and preferences and other activities in connection with the Service;
- for marketing or advertising purposes, e.g. for providing newsletters, offers, promotions and events and other news or information relating to the Service and other products and services offered by us. You have the ability to opt-out of receiving any marketing or promotional communications as further described below under section “Your rights and choices”. You may opt-out of the other Service related e-mails and messages related to your account as they are not considered part of the Service;
- to protect the Service, investigate and prevent fraud and abuse regarding the Service, unauthorized access to the Service, and other illegal activities;
- as required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
We use the patient’s data for the following purposes:
- To provide analysis of the health data;
- To present the report based on the analysis.
To the extent that the Information is associated with an identified or identifiable natural person and is protected as personal data under applicable data protection law, we will treat such Information as personal information in accordance with this Policy (“Personal Information“). However, in case that the Information is de-identified so it is no longer reasonably associated with an identified or identifiable natural person, we may use it for any business purpose.
6. How we share and disclose information
Except as described in this Policy, we will not intentionally disclose your Information that we collect or store on the Service to third parties without your consent.
We may share and disclose the Information to third parties as follows:
- Third party service providers. We work with third party service providers who provide website, application development, maintenance and other services for us. These third parties may have access to, or process the Other Information as part of providing those services for us. We limit the information provided to these service providers to the extent that is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our contracts with them require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information;
- Health care providers. We may provide analysis of health data and present reports based on analysis to your health care provider(s) for purposes related to your care. Health care providers are required by various other requirements and laws to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- Third party services. The Users may use third party services in which case we may share the Other Information with such third-party services. Third party services are not owned or controlled by us and they may have their own policies and practices for the collection and use of the Other Information. Please check the privacy settings and notices in such third party services;
- Non-personally identifiable information. We may share or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information with third parties for any purpose, including, but not limited to: (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding our Users’ and patients’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for the Service, and/or functionality available through the Service;
- Legal requirements. We may disclose the Other Information if required to do so by law or if we reasonably believe that such action is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- Enforcing our rights, safety and prevention of fraud. We reserve the right to disclose the Other Information that we reasonably believe is appropriate or necessary to (i) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive or unlawful use of the Service; (ii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; (iii) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available; or (iv) exercise or protect our rights, property, or safety, to enforce our contracts or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of others;
- Your consent. We may disclose the Other Information to third parties if you consent to us doing so.
8. Retention of information
We retain the user data for as long as the User’s account is active, as these data are necessary for the account to be operational. After 2 years of inactivity, the user account will be disactivated automatically, and the personally identifiable user data will be deleted, unless their retention is required by law. This may include keeping your Other Information after you have deactivated your account for the period of time needed for us to pursue legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with (and demonstrate compliance with) legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Patient’s data will be retained for 5 years since their submission. After this period, the patient’s personally identifiable data will be deleted.
9. Security of information
The security of your information is important to us. Therefore, we strive to use generally accepted industry standards to protect your Other Information, both during transmission and once we receive it. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the Other Information against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing. This includes encryption or pseudonymization.
However, remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot ensure or warrant absolute security of any Information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of any of our industry standard physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If we learn that any Other Information is compromised as a breach of security, we will inform you without undue delay in compliance with applicable law.
If you believe that your Other Information has been compromised, please contact us.
10. Your rights and choices
Access, correction, deletion
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to your Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. If you wish to access, update, correct or to request that we delete any Information we hold about you, or if you have any questions about your Information and our use of this information, or your rights when it comes to any of the foregoing, you may contact us as set forth in the “Notifications” section below. In addition, you may often update, correct or remove your Information in your Service account settings or by directing your query to your account administrator.
Opting out from promotional communications
We may process your Other Information for purpose of promotional communications. You may object to such use of your Other Information for this purpose at any time and opt-out of receiving promotional communications from us. You are able to opt-out by sending us your request to support@MaraniHealth.com.
However, even if you opt-out from receiving promotional messages from us or otherwise modify the settings relating to the promotional communications, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service.
11. Children’s privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. Our Service is intended to be used primarily by adults or children over the age of thirteen (13). We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children under thirteen (13) years of age through our Service. Please let us know if you believe we have received such information.
12. Links to third party web sites or services
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned, maintained, supported or controlled by the Company. This Policy does not apply to any third party web site or service.
The Company has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party web sites or services. The Users acknowledge and agree that the Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with their use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services. Any use of third party web sites or services is solely between the Customer and/or Users, on one side, and the applicable third party provider, on the other side.
We will not be responsible for any use, disclosure, modification or deletion of the Information that is transmitted to, or accessed by, third party web sites or services.
13. Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or update this Policy at any time. If we make any change, we will notify you by revising the effective date at the top of this Policy. All changes to this Policy are effective when they are posted on this page. If a revision is material, as determined at our sole discretion, we will provide you with reasonable notice prior to such change taking effect.
Please note that changes to the Policy do not affect the rights and obligations that arose prior to such changes. The Users’ continued use of the Service following the posting of the modified Policy will be subject to the Policy in effect at the time of their use.
If the User objects to any subsequent modifications to this Policy or become dissatisfied with the Service in any way, their only recourse is to immediately terminate use of the Service. If the User access or use the Service after the effective date of a new Policy, that use will constitute acceptance of any revised policy and their consent to abide and be bound by the modified policy.
If any provision of the Policy is held to be void, invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions shall continue in full force and effect.
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all notifications and communication related to the Policy will be made by e-mail or inside the Platform through the Service.
Notices to the Company will be sent to support@MaraniHealth.com.
Notices will be deemed to have been duly given (i) the day after they are sent, in the case of notices through e-mail; and (ii) the same day, in the case of notices made through the Service.
16. Contact us
If you have any questions or comments about this Policy, please contact us at support@MaraniHealth.com